terça-feira, 22 de janeiro de 2013

Óculos.

Olá! Como vai?

Maybe, there’s something about me that you still don’t know: I used to wear glasses Smiley nerd. No, I’ve never been a nerd! I’ve always been a good student and honestly love knowledge and culture, but ask my former teachers and classmates! I was the rebel student at high school (the one who asks inconvenient questions and says inconvenient truths) and the popular student, at college. A type of cheerleader, but without pompons and with a complete brain (Ouch! I was meanie! Sorry …). My brother calls me “hipster”, sometimes, because I don’t like mainstream stuff.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2012/131/9/7/hipster_cat_joke_by_madonnafan123-d4zcpr6.png

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2012/131/9/7/hipster_cat_joke_by_madonnafan123-d4zcpr6.png

No, I’m not hipster. I have a pop side. Seriously. Anyways, glasses have nothing to do with being nerd, geek, hipster or something. Glasses have something to do with myopia, astigmatism and so on. I started to wear glasses when I was 10 or 11 years old. Back then, glasses were not cool or stylish and people who wore them were discriminated, especially kids and teens (the favorite victims of other kids and teens). But I’ve always liked to wear glasses. I thought it fitted in with my “intellectual personality”. I loved to read, write, draw, paint. But things have changed. I still love everything I mentioned, but in a different way.

I started to wear contacts when I was a teenager, but only at parties, at the beach and in special occasions. Anyway, it changed my life. People started to look at me in a different way. Boys started to get interested on me. It was curious, a little scary, but very exciting! At college, I only wore glasses when I was too tired to put on my contacts. Good times! … After college, I got back to my glasses. And, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to buy a new pair of contacts. When they arrived here, the day before yesterday, I decided that I won’t wear glasses anymore. Why? It doesn’t fit in with my way to be. This story seems nonsense, but it’s not. Glasses are not only a need, they’re an accessory. Accessories are related to fashion. And fashion is something that you create to express your style, moods and states of mind (at least, in my opinion). I look a thousand times better without glasses. Then, they remind me of a reality made of books, studies and a type of isolation. This is a completely personal experience and point of view, I’m not talking about people who wear glasses in general! To me, they represent a geek past, maybe. When I was a bookworm, a little too smart for my age, glasses were suitable. Now, I feel sociable, lively, sporty, more connected to the practical side of life. I’m not that “intellectual” anymore, want to try different experiences. Still love books, art, culture. But … it seems I’m saying a definite goodbye to the geek world. I’ve never been part of it, actually.

Maybe I’ll try a surgery, to be free of the contacts too, someday. It’s too soon to say! My new contacts represent something new in my life, anyway. Some girls try a new haircut, to show to the world that they are not the same, anymore. I decided to say goodbye to my glasses. Maybe I’ll try some new tattoos in the future, I don’t know …

Again: what I wrote about glasses is a completely personal experience and point of view. If you wear glasses and feel fine this way, great! Polegar para cima I think contacts fit in better with my personality. It’s a matter of choice. And respect.

I’ll end this post with a song, by Os Paralamas do Sucesso (they are great!), called Óculos (Glasses). It’s one of their greatest hits. And it describes the feeling of a boy, who wore glasses in the 80’s. Glasses were not charming or stylish back then. Enjoy! It’s funny to watch the video, they were so young! XD

 

Óculos
(Os Paralamas do Sucesso)

Se as meninas do Leblon não olham mais pra mim
(Eu uso óculos)
E volta e meia eu entro com meu carro pela contramão
(Eu tô sem óculos)

Se eu tô alegre, eu ponho os óculos e vejo tudo bem
Mas se eu tô triste, eu tiro os óculos
Eu não vejo ninguém!

Por que você não olha pra mim?
Me diz o que é que eu tenho de mal?
Por que você não olha pra mim?
Por trás dessa lente tem um cara legal!

Eu preciso dizer que eu nunca fui o tal
Era mais jogo se eu tentasse fazer charme de intelectual
Se eu te disser, periga você não acreditar em mim:
Eu não nasci de óculos, eu não era assim!

Por que você não olha pra mim?
Me diz o que é que eu tenho de mal?
Por que você não olha pra mim?
Por trás dessa lente tem um cara legal!

Por que você não olha pra mim?
Por que você diz sempre que não?
Por que você não olha pra mim?
Por trás dessa lente também bate um coração
Glasses


If the girls from Leblon* don’t look at me anymore
(I wear glasses)
And every now and then I drive on the wrong side of the road
(I’m not in glasses)

If I’m glad I put on my glasses and see everything well
But if I’m sad, I take off the glasses
I see nobody!

Why don’t you look at me?
Tell me what’s wrong about me?
Why don’t you look at me?
Behind this glass there’s a nice guy!


I need to say that I’ve never been “the man”
It would be easier if I try to pretend an intellectual charm
If I tell you, maybe you won’t believe me:
I wasn’t born in glasses, I wasn’t like this!

Why don’t you look at me?
Tell me what’s wrong about me?
Why don’t you look at me?
Behind this glass there’s a nice guy!


Why don’t you look at me?
Why do you always say no?
Why don’t you look at me?
Behind this glass, a heart beats too

This is not a literal translation. I’m not an English teacher Smiley mostrando a língua. But all the meaning of the song is in the translation!

That’s all for today, folks! Stay tuned. Other posts will come. See you soon!

LunaMeia-lua

 

 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário