segunda-feira, 11 de fevereiro de 2013

Brazilian Carnival – Part 3.

 

Episode 3 – Música, maestro! (A little bit of the real AXÉ)

Hello, people mini_gifs130Here I am, again!  Yesterday, something funny happened while I was writing the previous post. But happened too fast, I didn’t have time to take pictures or make a video. I was writing the post, when we all here started to hear some samba on the street. I ran to the balcony, with my friends. And we saw a very small group partying, singing and dancing. A type of bloco de Carnaval. I’m new here, I moved a few months ago, so, I still don’t know if there’s a bloco de Carnaval in the surroundings. But it was a typical episode that only happens in São Paulo! Because:

  1. It was raining. Actually, it was drizzling. This is so São Paulo!
  2. There was only a small group of people trying to party in the middle of the street, being watched by a surprised (maybe shocked) audience. It seems that everybody in the audience was like: What the hell are they doing?
  3. There was a bunch of stressed drivers just behind the group, trying to pass. Yes, because, to the drivers, the group was “disturbing the traffic”. It was quite funny to see a group trying to party and a bunch of drivers wanting to kill them! *lol*

São Paulo is not a Carnival, city, as I told you before! Only in São Paulo a type of bloco de Carnaval shocks people, during Carnival! Rindo Anyways, it was cool to hear some samba! The group wasn’t exactly in a party mood, but it was cool to see them! AlegreYeah … I live in a strange place Alienígena.

Well, well, I promised some music for today, right? music_azulBefore to start this post, I did some research, trying to find the hits of this Carnival. Yes, because, at least when I was a teen, many songs were released during Carnival and became the anthems of those parties. The old Carnival hits from Bahia, for instance, bring me a lot of sweet memories! mini_gifs23 They were just amazing! Great musicians, meaningful lyrics, nice coreographies (I still can dance some of them)! I was singing some Carnival hits today Alegre. If you still don’t know, I just love to dance, so, I spent my whole teenage dancing during Carnival. At school or at home, with my friends and family. Good times! It was really surprising to me to see that there are no new hits this time! Smiley surpresoPeople are singing the old hits!!!! This is nice, in a certain way. The new generations are getting in touch with good music! You will see that the old hits from Bahia have so much energy, that it’s impossible to stand still! If your body doesn’t react to these rhythms, you have a problem! Nhé-nhéI decided to choose some old hits from Bahia, this time. I love them all, people are singing them during this Carnival and the artists below are real masters! If you know them, you don’t need to know anyone else! Enjoy! mini_gifs180Let the beat control your body!

Faraó – Carlinhos Brown:

Carlinhos Brown is responsible for one of the most important axé groups from Bahia: Timbalada. He’s a great artist! Faraó is a real Carnival anthem!  This song was released in 1998. I was a cute 18 year-old girl when I started to sing and dance this song! ^^

Rapunzel – Daniela Mercury:

One of my favorite songs, from one of my favorite albums of all time (Feijão com Arroz, 1996). Daniela Mercury is a Carnival goddess, like Margareth Menezes. Despite of what I think about her personality (she’s unbearable … *lol*), this woman makes me be proud to be Brazilian! She rocks! Rapunzel is famous abroad, too. I looove this song!

Timbalada – Margarida:

I love this song so much that it’s hard to type and listen to it at the same time! *lol* I want to dance! One of the greatest hits of Timbalada! Even Caetano Veloso sung this song with the guys of Timbalada!

Olodum – Darlin’ (I Miss Her):

Olodum is more than a band. It’s a legend! They are great! This is a cute song and I love to dance it, that’s why I decided to share it with you. Despite of the terrible English, the beat is lovely! *lol*

Araketu – Fanfarra:

Araketu is another legend from Bahia. I remember that I bought their live album when I was 18 years old. I think that mom got tired to listen to their songs and see me jumping and dancing all around the house! *lol* Try to stand still!

Ivete Sangalo – Sorte Grande (Poeira):

I couldn’t leave Ivete behind! This is one of her greatest hits! I found this cheesy video with lyrics, so, you can try to sing this song! Smiley piscando

That’s all for today! I’ll be back tomorrow, with some samba! Still didn’t find videos of the Carnival parades to show you … :/

Stay tuned! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Hugs,

Lunamini_gifs185

 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário