quarta-feira, 20 de março de 2013

A pink scarf and two great albums.

JGNiteBlinkie

Hi againmini_gifs184This would be the only post of today. But I had to write a few words about Emílio Santiago! Well … as I told you before, I’m feeling much better because Autumn is coming! It’s +22C at present and there’s a cool breeze outside! mini_gifs84I’ll probably feel more motivated to write posts on this blog, so, check it often, my dear reader! You’ll be surprised!

Many of you already know that I’m a knitter, right?! knitting smiley photo: Knitting Smiley 2 knitting.gifI’ll write a post about it sooner or later. But knitting is one of my dearest hobbies! Yes, it sounds a little strange, because I’m a woman from a tropical country and here we don’t have many opportunities to wear clothes and accessories made of yarn or wool. I don’t care about it, actually Alegre. My mother taught me the basics of knitting when I was a teen. But knitting became a real hobby to me a couple of years ago. It’s something I can do everywhere and I carry my knitting supplies with me every time I travel. I have a reasonable amount of colored yarn in my bedroom and studio and particularly love multi colored yarn! mini_gifs47I love colors (I bet you didn’t know that …Nhé-nhé)! Sometimes, I spend a couple of hours on Ravelry, a knitting and crochet community on internet, browsing patterns. What do I like to knit most? I think I like everything, but scarves, hats, dishcloths, washcloths, small bags, headbands and accessories are far easier and quicker to knit, so, I knit a lot of them and leave cardigans, sweaters, coats for special occasions! I’m falling in love with amigurumi (knitted or crocheted toys)! I can’t wait to start to knit them, but some patterns require abilities or skills I still don’t have! Anyways, I love to knit! mini_gifs14I consider myself an advanced beginner. And I like to knit and listen to Brazilian music at the same time minisom. I always choose a couple of my favorite cds and knit for at most two hours (I’m not able to pay attention at an activity for more than two hours. Some people call it hiperactivity …)! Yesterday, my bro worked at home, in my bedroom and I saved a couple of hours to listen to Brazilian music and finish my pink scarf. I’ve chosen two great albums of two of the greatest Brazilian singers and songwriters: Gilberto Gil and Zé Ramalho! Maybe it’s a coincidence, but they are two of my favorite Brazilian musicians! Smiley piscando I just LOVE them! mini_gifs50My life is full of stories related to MPB (Música Popular Brasileira) and when my little cousin Erik was younger (he’s 8 years old now), I used to hold him in my arms and listen to Zé Ramalho on the couch. Erik loves Zé Ramalho until today! Actually, there’s nothing special about it, but kids start to develop their musical tastes at home, with their relatives. Many kids and teens not even know who is Zé Ramalho and this is a shame, because he’s one of the greatest masters of our music and culture! The same about Gilberto Gil! I honestly think that music should be taught at school and all the generations should share their music tastes! Zé Ramalho and Gilberto Gil are much more than musicians. They represent my country and culture! Everything in their music (lyrics, rhythms, experiences) is absolutely Brazilian! I can feel my country when I listen to Zé or Gil! It’s something hard to explain. But some singers, musicians or whatever (especially the current ones) have no identity. They don’t represent their country. I can recognize immediately Brazilian songs among others because they sound different, they are unique! Brazil is probably the richest country of the world when it comes to music! music_azul

Zé Ramalho and Gilberto Gil are from the northeast of the country. A lot of great Brazilian musicians were born in the northeast, it’s a very rich region which preserves our culture! So, when you listen to Zé Ramalho and Gilberto Gil you are also learning a little bit about my country, people and culture! They are not entertainers. As I told you on my previous post, I spent my whole childhood listening to good Brazilian music at home, on the radio, everywhere. Nowadays, the most of kids and teens can’t sing or recognize our classics! Our great masters keep performing and their music still play on the radio, but on specific radio stations. When I was a kid, the best MPB was really popular, available to everyone! I was a kid and used to sing songs of Caetano Veloso, Ney Matogrosso, Maria Bethânia, Elis Regina, Gil, Zé Ramalho, Fagner, Chico Buarque (I’m mentioning only the masters!)! The best Brazilian musicians wrote and sang songs for the soundtracks of our soap operas back then! I can’t say that things didn’t get worse, because, yes, they got worse! Believe me: when you listen to high quality music, read high quality books, etc., you become a better person! I don’t accept rubbish because I had a good education! Of course, I also like bad music, but I know that it’s rubbish! I will share with you, someday, my bad tastes. You will get shocked! *lol* Smiley surpresoI know it’s rubbish! And I don’t spend money on rubbish! If you listen to Gilberto Gil, you can’t accept Michel Teló (who doesn’t know him?!), unless you are completely drunk at a party! If we demanded high quality entertainment, it would be better to all of us! But, if people only know rubbish, they can’t demand high quality entertainment!

Gilberto Gil and Zé Ramalho can be appreciated by everyone! The two albums I mentioned (São João Vivo!, of Gilberto Gil and Zé Ramalho Canta Jackson do Pandeiro, of Zé Ramalho) are EXTREMELY POPULAR! They are tributes to two great masters: Luiz Gonzaga and Jackson do Pandeiro! These musicians are the best exponents of the northeast culture! They are dead, but their music is part of all of us. When I listen to Luiz Gonzaga and Jackson do Pandeiro, I really feel that I belong to Brazil! My rhythms, my reality, my culture! Despite all the differences between northeast and southeast, I feel Brazilian when I listen to their songs! So, São João Vivo! and Zé Ramalho Canta Jackson do Pandeiro are special for many reasons! It’s always a pleasure to listen to them!

Of course, I will share something with you! Save a couple of hours to enjoy this songs, if you can! They are lovely! mini_gifs51

Stay tuned! I’ll be back!

Brazilian hugs,

Lunamini_gifs185

São João Vivo! – Live album of Gilberto Gil, recorded at a show in São Paulo (unfortunately I wasn’t there …mini_gifs18). Released in 2001, it’s a tribute to Luiz Gonzaga, the master of baião and forró (Brazilian music styles from the northeast). Gil sings many songs of Luiz Gonzaga in this album and a few songs of his own. It’s an excelent album and also a reference to the Festas Juninas (June Parties), typical Brazilian celebrations (I’ll talk about it in the future!):

Olha Pro Céu (Luiz Gonzaga) – A lovely hit of Luiz Gonzaga, by Gilberto Gil!

Madalena (Gilberto Gil) – Here you can see Gilberto Gil singing one of his greatest hits!

*

Zé Ramalho Canta Jackson do Pandeiro – Released on 2010, this album is a tribute to Jackson do Pandeiro, the King Of Rhythm. Zé Ramalho sings songs of Mestre Jack (Master Jack). I love this album!

O Canto da Ema (Jackson do Pandeiro) – This is one of the greatest hits of Jackson do Pandeiro! I love it, I can listen to this song dozens of times a day! Still prefer the original one, but this version of Zé Ramalho is lovely! ^^

Chiclete com Banana (Jackson do Pandeiro) – This is a real hit! This song of Jackson do Pandeiro was recorded by dozens of Brazilian singers, including Gilberto Gil! This version of Zé Ramalho is delicious!

P.S.: Here’s my pink scarf. This is not the best picture I’ve ever taken in my life, but, you can check my knitting skills! Smiley piscandoHere’s the pattern, if you want to knit one for yourself. It’s a quick and easy project, I really liked to knit it! http://tinyant-art.blogspot.com.br/2012/08/v-scarf.html

Zig Zag Scarf

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário