quinta-feira, 14 de março de 2013

A cheesy motivation.

sqaim

Good night, my dear readersmini_gifs187adopt-aurorabluHow are you doing? I’m tired and hungry, but fine. This won’t be the best post of my life; actually I’m here to say hello and tell you a story. Some of you probably know that I take belly dance lessons. I started to do it when I was 16 years old. It’s one of my biggest passions! minisomI believe I’m a good belly dancer, but I’m very very shy, so, I honestly don’t like to perform to big audiences Smiley envergonhado. No, I won’t upload a video or something on this blog, at least for now! Nhé-nhéI dance because I like it, not because I want to catch attention. Yes, belly dance is something very feminine and sensual, but I like to dance it spontaneously, all over my apartment, just following the rhythm! mini_gifs180Of course, I have my belly dance outfit, but I take belly dance lessons in a short tee (t-shirt) and large pants, not very … exotic, I’m afraid!

Many women (probably the most of them) choose to take belly dance lessons, because it’s feminine, sensual and nice to entertain boyfriends and husbands. I can say that belly dance is much more than an entertainment, but I don’t want to talk about the spiritual side of the dance right now. My motivation was completely different. And that’s what I want to tell you! I was too young to think about boyfriends and husbands. Actually, if I remember correctly, I was a 10 year-old kid. There was a soap opera on tv, called Sassaricando. Every soap opera in Brazil has a soundtrack. When I was a kid, there was a Long Play (LP … Do you remember that?! Oh, my God, I’m getting old! I listened to records, when I was a kid! Smiley surpreso) with Brazilian songs and a Long Play with foreign songs. Well, the international soundtrack of this soap opera, Sassaricando, had one song, a type of Arabian pop called Fatamorgana, of a German rock band (!) (Dissidenten). The members of this group played with people from Middle East and India (according to Wikipedia). Well, when I listened to Fatamorgana for the first time, I fell in love immediately! mini_gifs14 It’s an extremely cheesy song, a pop song, but I’ve always loved percussion instruments and the Arabian beat of the song caught my attention! It was an amazing experience to listen to that! And, of course, then I discovered the belly dance. And fell in love with everything: the outfit, the instruments, the dance styles and all the feminine, sensual and exotic atmosphere! Daddy didn’t want me to take belly dance lessons when I was a kid, but when I became a teenager, I started to do it at the gym. Of course, it wasn’t easy to find the right place, but all the comings and goings gave me a lot of experience! AlegreIt’s funny to think that everything started because of a cheesy pop song, which belonged to the soundtrack of a soap opera! I didn’t want to lose weight, impress my boyfriend or husband, regain my femininity or catch attention. I was a kid! I only wanted to be able to follow the rhythm of a song!

Today, I can follow the rhythm of real belly dance songs. But Fatamorgana still sounds special to me! It reminds me of my childhood. It’s good to have sweet memories! I had a cheesy motivation to start my belly dance journey. But, who needs a noble reason?!

That’s all for now, folks! Stay tuned! I’ll be back!

Lunamini_gifs185

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário